Subject Access Requests

We deal with requests from individuals for personal information in accordance with the Information Commissioner's Office Subject Access Code of Practice 

All requests must be made in writing. While it is not compulsory, it would be helpful if you could make your request by completing a Subject Access Request (SAR) Form:

You will also be asked to provide evidence of your identity. If you are requesting a copy of CCTV footage, we would also need a description and full colour photograph of yourself.

If would be helpful if you could provide us with details to help us identify the specific information you want from us. An open ended request for access such as "Give me a copy of all the information you hold on me" will not be sufficient to enable us to locate what you want. It will help us deal with your request more efficiently if you include the type of information you want, where it may be held, dates of documents, relevant time periods etc.

Can I request CCTV footage?

Yes. If you would like to request CCTV footage under a Subject Access Request please complete and return the CCTV SAR form (above) and return it to The Manager, Ashover Parish Hall, Milken Lane, Ashover, Chesterfield S45 0BA or by email to

Can someone else make the request on my behalf?

Yes. You can ask a third party, such as your solicitor to make the request for you. We will need to ensure that the third party making the request is entitled to act on your behalf and would expect to see written authority from you.

Will I have to pay for the information?

No, as of the 25 May 2018 the £10 fee for a subject access request was removed. In certain circumstances, we may charge you for the administration costs of dealing with the request e.g. printing/photocopying. We will inform you in advance if any charges apply to your request.

When can I expect to receive the information?

We will make every effort to provide you with the information as soon as possible and in any event within 30 calendar days. In certain circumstances we can extend the deadline by a further 60 days; we will let you know whether or not the deadline will be extended within 30 calendar days of the request being accepted. The time limit starts to run from when you have confirmed your identity.

Will I receive all the information I have asked for?

Not necessarily. Sometimes your personal information may contain information about other people. You are only allowed to access information about you and we may withhold or edit information relating to other people.

The Act also contains a number of exemptions which allow us to withhold personal information about you, if providing you with the information could prejudice:

  • The way a crime is detected or prevented;
  • The apprehension or prosecution of offenders; or
  • The assessment or collection of a tax or duty.

What if I am not happy with the way my request has been dealt with?

If you are unhappy about the way your request has been dealt with or wish to object to our decision to refuse to provide you with certain information; you should write to our Management Committee detailing the reasons for your complaint. Please send correspondance to: The Management Committee, Ashover Parish Hall, Milken Lane, Ashover, Chesterfield S45 0BA.

If you are still not happy, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.